about publishing house
liels un mazs (big and small) is a children’s literature publishing house with principles
- We develop Latvian children’s literature and book art and publish good translations.
- Our speciality is paying big attention to literature for small readers.
- We do not cultivate a single specific trend, aiming to expand the territory of well-developed literary and visual taste.
- We learn to want something new and create ripples in the surrounding milieu of children’s literature and book art, theatre, animation and music.
- Readers cannot learn to want something that has never been offered to them.
- Our job is to provide opportunity, alternative, choice and movement.
- We work to expand the range of literary perception with audio books, animation, music, multi-media projects, theatre performances, games and book festivals.
- We involve patrons and sponsors in the process of book publishing, guaranteeing available prices for books of fine quality.
The publishing house was founded in 2004.